Dear everyone,
Today has been the most difficult day of all. You will all understand if I keep things very brief.
I arrived at about 10:30 this morning and was very impressed by Steven’s lively and awake mood. The nasogastric tube was still in place but that was no surprise. At 12:50 exactly (I know the exact second because I was so shocked) I noticed that there was blood in the tube. Trying not to be too alarmed I called the nurse and eventually Anna (the new chef de clinique). Both assured me that this was fine and possibly a minor stomach trauma.
Well, the bleeding has continued all day. They are trying to tackle it with added platelets and plasma, which has blood clotting properties. Still the bleeding goes on. The medical team are now much more concerned and urgently want to see an end to this and any residual diarrhea.
It is now 10:43pm. Yannick is the night nurse, thank goodness, as he knows Steven very well. There is still blood in the tube.
Matthew and I will stay as long as possible this evening (all night if necessary) until we feel, or we are assured, that it’s alright to leave.
Needless to say, Steven needs everybody’s thoughts and prayers to get him through this very treacherous period.
Love to all,
Evelyn, Matthew and Steven
Friday, 9 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So sorry to hear of this latest setback. Perhaps it is just a blip and the bleeding is worse because of his lack of clotting properties. Yes of course they want to stop it quickly and I am sure they will. Our thoughts and prayers are truly with you all. Mass in the morning will again be Offered for Steven. Holy St Jude interced with our merciful Father to help Steven through this new situation. Sacred Heart of Jesus we place all our trust in YOU.
Love from
Auntie Mae and family xxx xxxx
Dear Evelyn, Mathhew and Steven,
We are very sorry to hear of this further complication. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.Courage to you all to get safely through this ordeal.
Cristina and Bert
Hope today has been a better one. I know not a lot happens in the hospital at the weekends. Our hearts are torn for you Evelyn and Matthew. You are both so wonderful and needless to say Steven derives great comfort and strength from you. God blessings on you all for now.
Love from
Auntie Mae and family xxx xxx
Post a Comment