Dear all,
We arrived around lunchtime today to find Steven in relatively good form, as the ‘HAD’ coordinator had told him that it was likely he would be released from the hospital tomorrow, and that everything was organised for the ‘hospital at home’. He quickly followed this by informing us that he had had a temperature in the morning and at the lunchtime check ups. Naturally this sent the doctors into a spin of enquiry as to the why and where of the temperature. An x-ray, peripheral (from the arm) and central line blood draws quickly ensued to try to identify a source. We will know nothing about results until tomorrow at least. It’s not likely that he’ll be out of there by tomorrow, I feel.
The Foscavir drip continues. This is a very strong medication with a multitude of side effects, one of which is backache. It can also have a very deleterious effect on the kidneys: as a precaution, he has been taken off the cyclosporine. Steven now has an unceasing infusion pump of acupan (painkiller) to help him cope with the pain. It takes the intensity out of the discomfort but doesn’t banish it completely. He also had awful leg and feet pain today.
By late afternoon, the temperature had disappeared and hadn’t returned by this evening. Steven feels himself that the Foscavir is really working on the herpes, as currently, he cannot see any mucus or white spots in his throat.
We left Steven this evening, watching the Barcelona/Lyon football match.
Hopefully, tomorrow will bring good news.
With love,
Evelyn, Matthew and Steven
Wednesday, 19 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Evelyn,Mathew and Steven,
I am Romain ROSITI and I met steven in the university of Manchester in september 2005. The last time I saw you steven is in December 2006 if I remembered well.
I am no longer in Paris and I am working actually in Milan. Steven, audrey told me that you are actually in Paris to cure your illness.
Next saturday, I come back to Paris and I will be pleased to visit you if you are still in the St Louis hospital.
Otherwise , I will write you a longer mail to have more news about you.
Please inform me if you leave the hospital and if you come back directly to Manchester or if you will stay a few days more in Paris.
I hope the best for you my friend
See you soon
Best wishes to you and your family
Romain Rositi
Post a Comment