Hello everyone,
It's been yet another long day at St. Louis, so we are fairly exhausted. Feargal has just arrived up from Brussels, so I will keep this very short this evening.
When I arrived at the hospital this morning, Steven was sleeping – nothing unusual about that at the moment. He then woke up just as the nurse arrived. His mucousitis had really worsened overnight to the extent that he could not drink water, only take small sips. He said that the pain in his mouth and throat was really bad: a massive mouth ulcer had also appeared. To enable him to cope with all of this a morphine pump has now been added into the mix. This has the effect of decreasing the discomfort but it also makes the patient even more sleepy and a bit groggy. Anyway, Steven has been asleep most of the day. He did have soup at lunch and this evening, along with several yoghurts and bananas.
The combination of high temperature and morphine has made the oxygen levels in his blood drop, so this evening he has been put on oxygen.
Otherwise, Steven was in really good form (may be some morphine effect there) in between nap times, discussing the news, Wimbledon and so on. As I left he was on the computer and about to have a wash.
Evelyn, Matthew, Steven and Feargal
Wednesday, 4 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear Evelyn, Matthew, Stephen and Feargal,
Thinking of you and wishing you strength and courage. The good days are coming closer.
Cristina and Bert
Wishing you all you need to keep going - I am amazed by the strength and positivity.
With much love as always
Aideen
Dear Evelyn, Matthew, Stephen and Feargal,
I have just finished reading your internet site and don't know what to say...
I am living in Paris and would love to be able to do anything at all I can to help. I don't know if Steven is up to visitors (especially ones he hasn't seen in 15 years!) but please let me know if so or if I can do anything at all. (even if anyone needs a couple of good books!)Tel : 0622967640.
Let me know!
xxxx
Rachael Mulligan
Ex Kindergarden classmate from Brussels.
Post a Comment